The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for an Information Assurance Lead located in Aurora, Colorado. In this role you will ensure that the architecture and design of DoD information systems are functional and secure. Design and develop IA or IA enabled products, interface specifications, and approaches to secure the environment, assess threats to the environment, provide inputs on the adequacy of security designs and architectures and participate in risk assessment during the certification and accreditation process
As an Information Assurance Lead you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and implement information assurance standards and procedures.
- Coordinate, develop and evaluate security programs for an organization.
- Recommend security solutions to support the information assurance guidelines and the customer requirements.
- Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Analyze information assurance-related technical problems and provides advanced engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Design, develop, engineer, and implement solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provide integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Ensure that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Identify, report, and resolve security violations.
- Establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Ensure alignment of team mission and organizational goals.
- Collaborate with peers and employees in other departments to improve operations.
- Provide guidance and direction for development of all assigned employees to improve the overall professionalism of the department and the support provided
- Mentor junior level team members, assist them with developing project plans and goals for the year.
- Plan and direct the continual upgrading of equipment and procedures to maintain pace with technological progress, economic change, and business needs.
- TS/SCI security clearance with a CI polygraph
- Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with DoD’s RMF, DIACAP, NIST Certification & Accreditation.
- Must possess Security + or CISSP certification.
- Advanced understanding of software installation and configuration.
- Working knowledge of networks and network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
- Experience collaborating with diverse IC stakeholders to drive consensus and forward progress
- Ability to identify needed changes to processes and activities and help to implement continuous improvement solutions
- Ability to work successfully as part of a virtual team
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.