The SolarWinds Systems Engineer role delivers and supports large scale-network, systems, applications, services, and business activity monitoring and alerting solutions. The position involves the deployment and support of tools used to monitor network, systems, and applications. This position will work with team member to gather and vet monitoring requirements from stakeholders (customers and teammates), and deliver solutions leveraging SolarWinds and other enterprise monitoring tools.
- Work to build, redesign and implement progressive monitoring strategies that meet evolving and dynamic requirements.
- Create and drive strategy and standardization of monitoring across identified networks, systems and applications.
- Collect metrics at the optimal frequency to support alerting and reporting analysis
- Support the analysis and remediation of advanced systems on Linux and Windows
- Perform automation and ad hoc tasks through scripting and testing. Perform system prototyping of features through hands-on design and development implementation tasks.
- Create and maintain dashboards pulling together monitoring across multiple teams within the same and differing tools.
- Experience supporting and working in Agile environment
- Experience monitoring SMTP, POP3, HTTP and other common protocols.
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience with SolarWinds monitoring applications and capabilities (i.e.: NPM, SAM, SRM, IPAM, NTM, SCM).
- Experience with other monitoring and related applications such as Nagios, New Relic, AppDynamics and Service Now
- Experienced with developing, modifying scripts for application execution for automated and ad hoc requirements.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Requires Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 of prior relevant experience.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
- Experience working on ODNI systems
- Understanding of ODNI system development policies
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.