The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is currently seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore, MD
- Assessment of information system security requirements, functionality, and the effectiveness of security solutions against present and projected threats.
- Implement solutions by planning, training, and installing/configuring information systems while ensuring compliance under Configuration Management process.
- Perform manual assessments in accordance with the latest NIST parameters, with limited assistance, on multiple Operating Systems including but not limited to LINUX and Microsoft, and various network components.
- Interpret security controls accurately with regard to system security posture, policy updates and configuration for information systems with regard to security and event logs.
- Draft system security plans and other artifacts to satisfy certification and accreditation requirements under Risk Management Framework. Create, update and review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) documentation for accreditation review and to maintain ATO status.
- Ensuring systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with applicable federal and local security policies and procedures.
- Conduct investigations of security incidents as well as providing protective and corrective measures in efforts to reduce incidents and risk.
- Work with appointed IASO, SCA and other accrediting team members to remediate and mitigate findings.
- Work with all team members to resolve issues and perform tasks in parallel.
- Report to the supervisor periodically on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, progress in mastering tasks and work processes, and individual and team training needs.
- Previous experience working with Risk Management Framework and NIST Publications.
- Must possess a relevant cyber security accreditation or cyber security degree.
- Must have working technical skills in a variety of the following areas; networking, system engineering, CISCO, Windows OS platforms, Linux, database design/admin.
Basic Qualifications: BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Relevant cyber security accreditation or cyber security degree.
Required Skills: Familiarity with the NIST 800 catalogue of Special Publications and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS), knowledge of monitoring tools such as Appscan, OpenVAS, Nessus, Graylog2 and/or Nipper. Knowledgeable in identifying and addressing cyber threats, vulnerabilities, security risks, security controls, cyber-attack stages and incident response handling.
Desired skills: Knowledge of computer networking concepts, protocols, and security techniques. Knowledge of Incident Response handling. Knowledge of how traffic flows across networks. Knowledgeable on upcoming technologies. Able to read and interpret logs, IDS signatures and reports from network tools and analyze trends.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.