Leidos is looking for a Service Delivery Manager to manage the Ajax program’s transition to an ITaaS delivery model. During the transitions initial phase, the SDM and a small team will design, implement and deploy a small and isolated on premise cloud solution that replaces an obsolete environment. The SDM will work with the team to establish the foundational processes for Knowledge Management, Configuration Management and Quality Assurance that supports the subsequent large scale transition of the virtual hosting environment and other services to the ITaaS service delivery model. The SDM and team will develop a service catalog and begin gathering and reporting metrics from which SLAs eventually will be developed and employed. The ITaaS program will include a Service Desk, Desktop Support, Event Monitoring and other key IT Service Management processes. Post-deployment and accreditation, the Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the execution and performance of the team to support the customers in a managed service environment and to ensure that service levels are achieved, ensuring standards, policies and procedures are created and followed to provide effective service delivery.
- Manage up to 20+ IT operations staff including Service Desk and Desk side support.
- Develop and implement IT Service Management policies, processes, procedures, and methods in accordance with of ITIL best practices and providing technical expertise to support establishing an IT Operations Center
- Manage and coordinate urgent and escalated support issues.
- Analyze Service Management data and metrics to identify trends and potential areas for further investigation.
- Provide point of escalation for customer service issues or concerns.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Drive continuous service improvement and innovation.
- Provide leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, and direct End User Services.
- Lead staffing actions, including recruitment, supervision, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with Leidos and customer leadership regarding pertinent IT activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a current, active TS/SCI poly clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years’ Experience leading IT/Engineering teams preferably in IT Service Delivery Management.
- Experience working in information technology focused on IT Operations.
- Experience leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff of various labor categories and skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate professionally, effectively explain complex information, and document according to standards.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- ITIL Intermediate Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.