Airborne Solutions at Leidos currently has an opportunity for an Aviation Mechanic to work at our Manassas Regional Airport, Manassas, VA. We integrate, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners. Your duties will ensure that Aircraft Maintenance is accomplished in accordance with FAA and DCMA 8210.1C, Leidos policies and procedures. This requires a broad understanding of all aspects of aviation including maintenance and operation functions.
- Review aircraft log books and historical records ensuring maintenance is performed with the appropriate procedures
- Perform required inspection functions during all checks on routine work documents; Ensure that all inspections are performed as required during manufacturing process and high standards of workmanship are being attained
- Additional years of direct experience working in aviation programs in support of defense contracts under DCMA INST 8210.1 / AR 95-20 or willingness to learn.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret clearance
- Must have an FAA Airframe and Power plant (A&P) Certification.
- Ability to understand aviation program manuals, forms, and records
- Must be a US Citizen and have a valid passport.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access military installations.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Provide daily feedback to Program Management on daily activities
- Experience with MS Project, Office, PowerPoint
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Knowledge and experience with FAA Part 145 guidelines
- Knowledge and experience with ISR operations
- Knowledge and experience with Mission Equipment Payloads
- (8) years of aviation related experience
- Experience with Propeller airframe aircraft
- Knowledge of Pratt and Whitney manuals
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aircraft Mechanic
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.