No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- NESC expertise
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design training
- Time management and organizational skills
Leidos Engineering is seeking an Electrical Distribution Designer with previous distribution utility design engineering experience. This is a temporary to permanent position.
• Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 138kV), voltage conversion projects, underground conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects.
• Conduct field engineering of project requirements, identify conflicting utilities and other constructability issues, perform engineering and design calculations, develop work permit applications, and support land acquisition.
• Plan and design complex projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, and apply NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable industry standards.
• Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and client construction and operation crews to define project scope, obtain input to project designs, and support construction.
• Identify project materials, prepare material specifications, obtain and evaluate quotes from vendors, and initiate purchase requisitions.
• Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a leader of design team members offering design assistance, guidance, training and quality control.
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience with electric utility distribution design and/or construction projects.
• Experience with PLS-CADD, MicroStation, GE Smallworld and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.