Leidos is seeking a talented Senior Principle Software Engineer to join our team in Clarksburg, WV. We offer a unique combination of engaging work, a collaborative culture, and work-life balance. As a senior principle software engineer, you will lead the design and implementation of robust, scalable systems that meet customer requirements. You will lead both within your organization as well as within other organizations. You will develop cutting-edge solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problems. Your team will use tools such as Jira for issue tracking, Git for source control, and Jenkins for continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Develop and debug mission critical software
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application
- Serve as a technical lead on large projects
- Work closely with your team and our clients to develop the best technical designs for entire systems
- Plan and estimate development tasks for a team of engineers and work to increase team efficiency
- Teach and mentor engineers on your team
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and 12+ years of software engineering experience
- Preferred to possess a master’s degree in a computer or related field
- Shall have AWS Solutions Architect certifications
- Required to have ten (10) years of experience in the area of system architecture design
- Required to have ten (10) years of experience in the areas of software development or design
- Preferred to have four (4) years of experience in the area of cloud architecture – preferably with AWS services
- Preferred to have four (4) years of experience in the area of containerized design and orchestration
- Shall have experience performing cost-benefit analysis and optimizing architecture for cost-effectiveness
- Preferred to have ten (10) years of experience in the area of web application design including authentication access control, logging, monitoring, distributed communication, horizontal-scaling, transactional-processing, model-view-controller (MVC) or similar design patterns, Representational State Transfer (REST) architectures, relational databases, and NoSQL databases\
- Shall have experience producing infrastructure as code, configuration as code, and continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Familiarity with NoSql databases, especially ElasticSearch, Accumulo, and MongoDB
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies, particularly SCRUM or Kanban
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.