The Computer Assisted Publishing System (CAPS) was created to support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Media and Publications organization (M&P). Continually evolving since 1981, CAPS provides business applications to support a central printing and publications management organization with the responsibility for the development, design, production, procurement, and distribution of published materials.
CAPS interfaces with the IRS Enterprise Logistics Information Technology (ELITE) distribution system in the ordering and distribution of IRS published products for and to the taxpaying public and internal IRS offices. ELITE provides on-line order entry, order processing, warehouse management, inventory control, and shipping and receiving processes for and within the National Distribution Center (NDC) in Bloomington, IL.
Leidos is seeking a Distribution SME with extensive knowledge of warehouse operations and logistics as applied to a major distribution organization and implemented using Softeon’s Enterprise Logistics Information Technology (ELITE) application. The ideal candidate will provide subject matter expertise in the areas of IRS Distribution and the technologies used by the ELITE system, for communicating technical requirements between IRS staff and ELITE programmers.
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive knowledge of warehouse operations and logistics as applied to a major distribution organization and implemented using Softeon’s Enterprise Logistics Information Technology (ELITE) application which is hosted on Red Hat Enterprise Linux with JBoss application server and heavily dependent on an Oracle database
- Ability to install, de-install, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot, interface, and perform end-user support
- Ability to coordinate vendor-supported ELITE operation and maintenance
- Support and analysis of hardware and software infrastructure required to sustain continued operation at the required service levels
- Generation of technical specifications for interfaces between ELITE and other equipment (i.e., inkjets, folders, inserters, etc.)
- Implementation support for required updates and/or changes
- Participation with client representatives as needed to satisfy all Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)-related compliance and reporting activities
- Knowledge of interfaces between CAPS and IRS.gov, drop box for NTI and AMS-ELITE form orders and daily batch jobs that send orders to the NDC for processing through ELITE for fulfillment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.