The Defense Business Development Operations Lead is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the Leidos Defense Business Development Group and Corporate business rhythms. In this capacity, the BD Ops Lead will partner and collaborate with the Group SVP of BD, Operational SVPs, BD VPs, Group and Operational BD Analysists, Finance, Contracts and other functions. Additional interfaces include Corporate Capture Operations and Excellence (CO&E) staff, Chief of Staff of the EVP of Business Development and Strategic Account Executive team.
In this role, the lead is responsible to work through the Group and Operational BD analysists to lead the generation of critical reports that are accurate and timely. The lead shall perform analysis as required and provide early insights to negative trends/issues associated with meeting or exceeding business development performance measures/expectations. Additionally, the lead shall provide recommendations to the SVP of BD to address trends/issues and upon approval, carry out execution as necessary. These remedies may include additional reporting, instituting new processes and updated or new business rhythms.
Additionally, the BD Operations Lead will be responsible for leading the generation of Business Development data and reports in support of the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) to establish next fiscal year Group and Operational Business Performance metrics.
- Lead Group and Operational teams to ensure timely and accurate report generation in support of all Corporate, Group and Operational rhythms. From these reports and data sources, perform early independent analysis to ensure data is accurate/timely. In analysis of BD Performance Metrics (Submits, Awards, NBF Spending, Backlog, Book To Bill, OCG, Forecasting, etc.), proactively identify any negative trends and issues and provide recommendations to address. Critical reports include weekly BD metrics report, NBF reports, MOR Inputs, BoD inputs, CTTP projections, 5X15 reports, Customer Relationship Assessment (CRA), ELT slides, QBR slides and Forecast Business Reviews.
- Lead the preparation for and execution of all core Business Development Business rhythms to include Pipeline Reviews (Defense, Israel, Middle East), Gate reviews (Pursue-No-Pursue, Bid-No-Bid) and Bid Approval Reviews (including Pre-Reviews) for Group and Corporate Defense Opportunities, P&L group monthly and quarterly financial reviews, NBF management and tracking, Management Operating Reviews and Quarterly Business Reviews, show event planning and preparations, ELT Briefs, Customer Call plan preparation, Monthly CO&E updates, support BD&S awards and recognition programs, Strategic Account Executive/Field Operation Manger reviews, Win-Plan milestone reviews including key bars, gates, collaboration reviews, color reviews, pricing strategies, wall walks, etc. Assist in management, tracking and execution of these reviews and work proactively with operations teams ensuring the development of quality and accurate presentations that meet or exceed requirements.
- Lead Collaboration within the Defense Group and Cross-Group/Corporate teams in support of BD. Work closely with the Defense team, corporate functional teams (i.e. COE, Contracts, etc.), P&L Chief of Staff, Leidos Strategic Account Executives (SAEs) and the Leidos Senior Civil, Health, Intelligence, horizontal and LInC teams to foster cross-Group and Corporate partnerships on BD&S opportunities and efforts.
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of related experience or Master’s Degree and 12+ years of related experience
- Experience with the Business Development lifecycle and CRM tools
- Understanding of Government Acquisition Process
- Experience with capture and proposal management
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Proven ability to collaborate and orate with internal and external teams and leaders.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Highly motivated and independently driven work ethic capable of multi-tasking and communications skills to develop, organize, facilitate, coordinate and execute actions across the group related to all BD&S initiatives.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, BD staff, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.