The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Operations Specialist to support biomedical research at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX. NAMRU-SA conducts gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Provide program leadership to participating Navy activities and conducts research into new or alternative training to address program objectives.
- Identify training goals; provide detailed guidance on the activities that must be conducted to satisfy those training goals, include a recommended implementation schedule with milestones, and provide a time line for training implementation by validating each training conducted.
- Assist in the development, organizational and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
- Develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities maintains records of training activities and program effectiveness.
- Input and translate all training documentation using Navy Programs (Relias, FLTMPS, TWMS, and Navy eLearning). Establish basic operational database and software configuration.
- Assist the Government in administrative duties related to research equipment records and preventative maintenance actions.
- Take and transcribe minutes of meetings, correspondence, reports, and telephone conversations involving both technical and specialized medical and scientific terminology.
- Collect and maintain data and files to ensure compliance with local, state and federal environmental regulation.
- Prepare presentation materials and present evaluation of findings at technical and professional meetings to demonstrate environmental compliance.
- Assist with the preparation, proofreads, and edits official security SOPs related to research under contract, instructions, and correspondences.
- Assist in receipt of security documents.
- Assist in performing routine, repetitive, and automated checks and specialized data entry tasks on microcomputers that involve recurring and non-recurring technical terminology related to back ground investigations.
- Ensure all documents required for suitability processing are included, completed, and ready for Entry on Duty (EOD).
- Assist Security Officer identify issues on security forms and obtain any missing information from applicant.
- Assist Security Officer in conducting self-audits, and inspections of command facility spaces, and programs.
- Assist with customer service to internal and external customers via email and phone.
- Assist in creating security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Assist in preparing and delivering security training, briefings, and debriefings.
- Assist in maintaining security documentation/files.
- Assist in auditing classified inventory and files.
- Assist in auditing the Key and Lock program.
- Assist in properly handling and protecting sensitive data, including PII.
- Provide technical and editorial support and manage correspondence and the central filing system for projects.
- Work is to be performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday - Friday 0800 to 1630.
- Associate Degree in business and a clerical field with two (2) years’ experience, or documented executive administrative experience of four years or greater.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral communication and written skills.
- Displays discretion, good judgment, organizational or management ability, initiative, and the ability to work independently through various web applications, investigate research related data.
- Experience with computer software, including the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
- Experience in support of Executive staff at a major corporation or military command.
- Prior military experience providing administrative, training, and/or security support.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- The ability to work within a collaborative team environment, with demonstrated personal drive and initiative to achieve goals.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required to interface will all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise judgement and common sense.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.