Leidos is seeking a charismatic individual with the desire to shape the future of transportation in McLean, VA. We’re looking for a leader and expert in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) to lead project management, business development, staff development, strategy and industry outreach, and development of new transportation technologies and analysis methodologies.
Leidos operates FHWA’s Saxton Transportation Operations Laboratory (STOL), where emerging technologies are developed to improve transportation safety, mobility, and environmental impacts throughout the nation and internationally. We’re a hands-on lab where you not only get to see quick results from your work, but lead the research and development of modeling and simulation, hardware- and software-in-the-loop, next generation TSMO, vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) technologies, cooperative automation, data management, and cloud-based systems.
We are looking for a qualified professional motivated by improvement, with the ability to independently identify needs, develop solutions, and lead change collaboratively and where needed. With over 30 different projects, this position provides the opportunity to own and lead a variety of projects and activities across the portfolio. A successful candidate completes deliverables on time and within budget, understands business, efficiently develops proposals, and works to develop staff, improve our team, and advance our reputation as the leader in new transportation technologies.
This position is located at FHWA’s Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center in McLean, VA, and may provide the opportunity for project travel and participation and presenting at conferences.
This position provides diverse job functions, including but not limited to:
• Project management.
• Develop and lead transportation, ITS, and TSMO strategies and business development.
• Create innovative communications, outreach, presentation, webinar, image, video, documents, articles, web, and publication materials.
• Lead demonstrations, meetings, and webinars as Subject Matter Expert and/or STOL representative.
• Manage, own, and develop programs, solutions, and new innovations.
• Client/customer management.
• Performance tracking and reporting.
• Produce clear and concise written communication and deliverables.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to clients, colleagues, and project team.
• Review, produce, and oversee project deliverables and proposals.
Required Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field.
• Must have 5+ years relevant experience.
• A working knowledge of ITS, TSMO, and transportation engineering, analysis, modeling, and simulation.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
• Self-motivated, has big picture and forward-looking vision, an ability to “see the connections,” desire to learn and grow, and ability to self-teach with minimal guidance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to listen and accurately identify client needs and issues.
• A desire to improve, integrity, and ability to find solutions to bureaucratic solutions to lead improvements that shape the future of transportation.
• Successful experience with U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, state, and local proposals and projects.
• An understanding of state and local transportation jurisdiction operations and systems.
• Experience developing and leading transportation standards and guidebooks.
• Established industry relationships and positive reputation (ideally as an expert in the industry).
• Knowledge of traffic signal design, infrastructure construction, Next Gen ATMS (Advanced Traffic Management Systems), and/or traffic management center operations.
• Alternative mode and emerging mobility experience, including transit, pedestrian, bicycles, heavy vehicles, last-mile, and ride share.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.