Leidos has exciting opportunities for Mid and Senior-level Integration/DevOps Engineers to join our team to support a highly visible, fast-paced U.S. Army program based in Aberdeen, MD and Alexandria, VA. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
As an Integration/DevOps Engineer you will implement Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) / Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products into the customer baseline, providing scripting / coding expertise to enhance tools and to allow various software products to work together in support of a geospatial application implementation on a large program. To be successful you should have hands-on experience applying software design principles to build, test, and deploy solutions into production environments. You should also have strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, providing onsite support at a customer facility.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Sprint development and execution support; software development (code/unit test); unit integration and test
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Integrate COTS / GOTS applications and configure network and component constructs in support of software delivery to tactical units
- Analyze and comprehend current system functional requirements to identify process and tool integration needs, system dependencies, integration points, system interfaces, and data flows
- Track, analyze, and communicate commercial technology trends and recommendations to a non-technical audience
For Mid-Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of four (4) years of experience, or Masters with two (2) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
For Senior Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience or Masters with six (6) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
Both levels require:
- Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to maintain the clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Security + certification
- Experience with software integration, troubleshooting, and application administration of large system-of-system (SoS) integration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 20012R2 and Red Hat Linux 6 / 7
- Experience with virtualization technologies using VMware and ESXI
- Strong expertise with GIS, geospatial data, and geospatial products, including Esri.
- Must be familiar with the full software development life cycle
- Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies, including Scrum/Agile and Systems Engineering Processes and Best Practices
- Experience working with DoD
- Knowledge of Distributed Common Ground System -Army (DCGS-A) components with Army Battle Command (ABC) systems and processes preferred
- Hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools (ex. Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD)
- Experience with scripting languages, including Bash, Python, Ruby, or PHP and Windows Power Shell or Pearl
- Experience with enterprise server hardware maintenance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.