Leidos is seeking a Data Management and Analytics Lead for a large IC/DoD contract. This role requires an experienced data scientist with expert mission understanding to oversees data science development within the DIA/DI enterprise to ensure that data collections are appropriately managed and maintained, that collection owner’s equities are maintained and leveraged, and that new data collections are sought, evaluated, and brought into the DIA enterprise. The Data Management and Analytics Lead ensures that new needs are met, identified gaps in collection can be bridged, and output of the DIA enterprise can be leveraged widely throughout the IC as part of the wider DIA mission sharing initiatives. This is a senior level position that assists in the liaison between outside agencies and internal stakeholders to enhance and optimize data availability and usage.
- Identifying and presenting collection and data gaps
- Providing analytic understanding and leadership to the technical team in order to deliver innovative data products, services or a combination of products and services in an agile DevSecOp, big data solutions, and cloud migration environment
- Data development, test, transition and implement data solutions (data engineering, data scaling, data platforms, data storage (data lakes, data warehouses))
- Addressing customer's specific business problems
- Using non-quantitative tools and guidelines
- Aiding in the development of and develop innovative approaches and solutions
- Guiding engineering solutions
- Ensure analysts can implement and use data tools
- Coordinating with senior customers and technical team on concept, design, plan, development and integration needs to meet business mission requirements
- Liaison between mission and IT developers
- Liaison with outside agencies and internal stakeholders
- May supervise others
- Expert ability to design data solutions, test, transition and implement data solutions
- Possesses expert domain knowledge in data science technical field (such as Hadoop, Java, Ruby, Python, R and associated applications (administration, CM, monitoring, performance tuning)
- Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, and/or Pentaho
- Recognized within technical communities as a leader in their field
- Working knowledge and understanding of IC agile DevSecOp environments, big data and innovation solutions, and cloud migration and integration processes
- Knowledge of visualization tools
- Supervised cross-functional mission and/or technical teams
- Understanding of IC Analysis processes; understanding of mission analytics and the processes to conduct mission analytics
- Possesses the ability to negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes
- Served in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with senior customers and company leadership
- Requires a Master’s degree with 15+ years of experience or a PhD with over 13 years of experience. Bachelor’s degree and years of experience may be used in lieu of Master’s degree.
Security Clearance Requirement
Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
Candidate is required to be a US Citizen
- Expert knowledge of DIA
- IC Analyst experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.