The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opening for a SATCOM Analyst at Ft. Meade, MD.
This position supports the SATCOM Management Center (SMC) providing 24x7 operational, programmatic, and technical support to the DISA Command Center (DCC), CC6 Gateway/SATCOM Operations Division at Ft. Meade, Maryland. You must be able to support rotating 8/10/12 hour shifts. You may be required to provide support on an on call basis and could be asked to report within an 8 hour time frame. You may be required to provide short or no notice contingency support at off site locations.
- Provide technical analysis of SATCOM (including space, control and ground) status and performance data to optimize network supportability and provide recommendations and alternatives for network requirements that are unsupportable.
- Provide recommendations for the development of SATCOM network scenarios and determine impacts on the SATCOM and satellite network configurations.
- Participate in the planning and technical evaluation of the performance of existing and new next generation augmentation satellites, earth terminals, baseband equipment, control equipment, and SATCOM facilities.
- Evaluate the supportability of Operations Plan (OPLAN) SATCOM requirements for each Area of Responsibility (AOR) utilizing the planning tools provided, and assist with the daily operation and management of the respective satellites and the associated ground and control segments.
- Provide Technical Analysis Reports, Technical Briefings, Technical Review of Wideband SATCOM Documentation, Technical Analysis Working Papers and White Papers, and Technical Review of Wideband O&M Meetings.
- Provide equipment monitoring and control (M&C), mission establishment, situational awareness, trouble management, and engineering and testing support to DoD and Enterprise SATCOM Gateways.
- Support Monitor & Control (M&C) activities to include: Open / Remediate/ Close incident tickets; Coordinate equipment failures and troubleshooting actions with site and deployed operators; Monitor, control and configure all specified equipment technologies including adding and removing missions; Manage and provision DISN services, connecting DISN circuits and IP/ multicast traffic; Periodic verification that equipment is operating in the baseline configuration and that no alarms exist; Assist in equipment configuration for mission and network setup according to the mission SAA and GAA.
- Develop network diagrams using Government tools and software applications; provide reports on equipment status, network status, and network utilization using Government tools and software applications.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred, and 5 yrs. of relevant experience; specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree..
- Be able to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in written form.
- Must possess DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification.
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience working at a Wideband Satellite Operations Center (WSOC)
- Experience with the following tools/applications:
- Wideband Remote Monitoring System (WRMS)
- Common Network Planning Software (CNPS)
- DoD Teleport
- Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Subsystem
- Mobile User Objective System (MUOS)
- IP Modems (iDirect)
- DVB-RCS: Advantech system and support equipment at Lago and Landstuhl
- Gateway Video Reception Delivery Service (GVRDS)
- Mobile Integrated Services Routers (ISR)
- Unified Video Dissemination System (UVDS)
- Defense Information Systems Network - Tactical Edge (DISN-TE)
- SATCOM Unified Net-Centric System (SUNS)
- Spectral Warrior
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.