Our mission at Leidos is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. Our work provides an immediate impact in the real world, here are some examples: Leidos has a summer 2019 internship openings in the area of Agile/SAFe DevOps, O&M, and Data Science and Data Integration in Reston VA to help support an IT development program which also includes maintaining and innovations associated with tools and applications in a dynamic mission environment.
In this role, the intern will work with related technologies and provide associated technical support for assigned tasks. These efforts are to enhance and further mission objectives. Adopting and implementing best practices in the meeting of outlined and vetted requirements.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information
Technology or related field with a minimum GPA of a 3.0
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- General understanding of SAFe and Agile framework
- General understanding of Scrum Master Fundamentals
- General understanding of DevOps fundamentals and practices
- Familiarity with Cloud automation and deployment approaches (CloudFormation, Chef)
- Scripting language skills (i.e. Java, SQL, C++, Ruby, Python)
- General understanding of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- General understanding of MS Windows Server 2016 and Linux 7 Operating Systems
- General understanding of databases
- General understanding of Storage and Compute
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience with administration of MS Windows Server or Linux environments (Lab or Personal development space)
- Direct experience with AWS environments
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.