Leidos is seeking a Cyber Network Defense (CND) Architect to oversee the technical work of a team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD’s JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. This position is responsible for providing technical direction and project management for a distributed team of senior network CND appliance support staff working primarily in the WMA. Candidate will support the CND PM as well as the program PM and DPM.
As the CND Architect, you will support the active and passive CND tools deployed in stacks and will assist with initial configuration, troubleshooting, support and project management. You should have extensive CND architectural design experience as well as significant hands-on experience with at least 2 of the following tools: ArcSight, TippingPoint, Sourcefire, Zeek, Fidelis XPS, Niksun FPCAP, Lancope, Palo Alto IPS, Elastic Search, Opswat, and Inquest.
Individuals pursuing this position need an extensive background in CND and networking technology. They must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and leadership abilities. The successful candidate has expertise in CND tactics, processes and procedures as well as expertise in the design, operation, and tuning of CND tools. Signature deployment and best practices knowledge is required for applicable tools such as TippingPoint. Candidate should be well versed in TCP/IP communications and in Unix/Linux server construction and maintenance. The successful candidate must be able to fill in for CND SMEs in the event of staff shortages.
- Provide CND architecture, engineering, and solutions development support to a government led engineering team
- Lead a contractor team of CND engineers in the support of development and engineering of the JRSS architecture
- Provide technical direction and project management support for a distributed team of CND engineers
- Interact/support the government customer, providing executive level briefs and status as required
- Support CND tool deployment, testing, tuning and troubleshooting as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education and minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with architecting software and hardware based CND systems.
- Experienced with requirements gathering, project design, and project execution.
- Ability to collaborate with work with systems engineers, enterprise architects, systems administrators and other technical staff on the implementation, testing, deployment and integration of computing systems
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret clearance is required.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.