Leidos is seeking an intern to support the marketing & communications team for its Hawai‘i Energy program, based out of Honolulu, Hawai‘i. The Hawai‘i Energy program works to empower local residents and businesses to make smart energy choices through efficiency and conservation initiatives. Our marketing & communications team is a group of dynamic, experienced professionals who support the overall operation of the program through retail promotions, advertising, event coordination, video production, email and social media content, and managing our website, HawaiiEnergy.com. Our website is a critical piece of our operation, as it is where all of our customers go to find the information they need, whether that is a form to download, tips on how to save energy, or information on our rebates.
We are seeking an intern with skills and interest in marketing through digital platforms, including some web development to support the growing needs of our site. Employment through summer (August 2020) is required, with a possible extension dependent on performance and budget.
- Monitor performance of Hawaii Energy website using Google Analytics (i.e. traffic, audience demographics, download rates, etc.)
- Track performance of digital marketing pieces such as e-newsletters, social media posts, and banner ads, including link clicks and content trends
- Research and apply basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices
- Critical website maintenance to help keep site attractive and user-friendly
- Research and potentially create special website tools & features to enhance customer experience
- Assist with improving Hawaii Energy's Clean Energy Ally portal (website dashboard for contractors)
- Assist with producing content (articles, photos, videos) for Hawaii Energy website and social media pages
Other learning opportunities may include:
- Video and/or photography projects – assisting team members on video shoots, capturing video and photos of Hawaii Energy events
- Special event assistance – coordinating with team members with event logistics, audio-visual setup/execution, and other marketing-related tasks
- Must be currently-enrolled college student pursuing a degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related with at least two years completed towards your degree
- Strong interest in digital marketing, website design or development and desire to learn and build skills
- Previous basic experience with website content management software (Joomla, Wordpress, or similar) and/or HTML coding
- Previous basic experience with Google Analytics
- Basic understanding of website layout and digital content formatting, including resizing and embedding of images and videos
- Familiarity of Hawai‘i Energy offerings and services
- Passion for clean energy and helping the community
- Prior experience with Adobe Dreamweaver
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.