The Leidos Defense & Intelligence group is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to assist with standing up and contributing to testing, development, and operations environments for a government customer. This role will support a full range of systems engineering activities, including requirements analysis, cost control methodologies, Engineering Review activities, and special projects that will require individual ownership of program level design implementations.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop knowledge of the program's functional capabilities including system and derived requirements. Understand how individual components effect the requirements.
- Collaborate with team leads to plan and manage requirements
- Manage system requirements to achieve epic goals
- Update systems engineering artifacts including but not limited to: ConOps, Requirements Analysis, User Guides, and System View Diagrams
- Manage requirements and ensure traceability
- Understand and interpret system requirements to ensure procedures satisfy verification of the functionality
- Development and maintenance of program architectural diagrams
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Familiar with System Engineering documentation creation (VDDs, diagrams, etc.)
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- BS in Engineering (or a related discipline) and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 + years of prior relevant experience OR equivalent work experience.
- Experience with ArcGIS automation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technical performance versus cost management
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Familiar with cross domain architectures at various levels
- Experience with automated testing and monitoring
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
- TS/SCI Security Clearance with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.