Leidos is looking for a Cyber Analyst to support the NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) in Huntsville, Alabama. The Cyber Analyst will support the Information Technology Services Contract for NASA.
• Perform vulnerability assessments on networks, workstations, servers, applications, and other IT assets.
• Identifies where systems/networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
• Identify gaps in vulnerably assessment processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
• Provide support and training for vulnerability tools, and works with vendors to find resolution for identified issues.
• Stay abreast of new trends and innovations within the information systems and cybersecurity communities.
• Deliver regular remediation effort reporting to the Office of the Chief Information Officer and other cybersecurity leadership .
• Verify remediation of identified issues using automated tools and manual techniques.
• Create and maintain IT process documentation/system configurations and update when necessary.
• Perform analysis on security findings/vulnerabilities in order to provide solutions/recommendations for administrators to implement.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Assurance/Security, Business Management with a concentration in Information Technology, or related technical field, and a minimum of one year experience involving work directly related to listed skills and information technology, cybersecurity, or transferable skills related to information security, incident response, and risk management.
• Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, through verbal discourse and/or written media.
• Familiarity with networking, operating systems, databases, and web applications.
• Knowledge of information security hardening guidelines such as CIS or DoD guidelines.
• Candidate must possess current DoD 8570.01-M IAT III certifications.
• This position requires that the candidate be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
The position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident, the background investigation could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.