Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Leidos is seeking an Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) to support a large IT contract at its customer location in Tampa, FL. This ISSE role is part of larger team of ISSEs under the contract’s Security Team and will be responsible for achieving individual and team objectives for:
- Maintaining the accreditation of the assigned Security Plans to the ICD 503 RMF requirements
- Ensuring that the architecture and design of DoD information systems are functional and secure.
- Providing security subject matter expertise at all engineering, change, configuration control and other meetings.
- Participating in risk assessment during the certification and accreditation process.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
For all assets maintained and falling under the Leidos contract area of responsibility, the ISSE will conduct the following activities:
- Provide assessment and authorization (A&A) services in accordance with ICD 503 Risk Management Framework. To include:
- Collection and review of ACAS scans. Document and recommend mitigation actions
- Collection and review of STIG scans. Document and recommend mitigation actions
- Address identified and relevant controls from the IA Requirement Catalog (IRAC)
- Prepare Test Plan to address identified controls
- Familiar with XACTA 360 and the accreditation process flow within. Know where and when to update.
- Experience with HBSS and how to create tags, look up equipment, apply tags and export reports
- Know how to use Tenable Security Center to retrieve reports from the Nessus
- Support A&A compliance with: Information assurance policies standards and guidelines, security risk assessments, continuous monitoring, continuity planning
- Develop/maintain security documentation per NGA/IC/DoD/Industry standards and policies
- Coordinate all A&A initiation and renewal activities working with the NGA Designated Authorization Official (DAO or DAOR)
- Perform decommission activities as required for assets and Security Plans
- Address any Information Assurance or Cybersecurity notices, orders, taskings, or directives as required following the NGA operations vulnerability and patch management process
- Attend and participate in weekly vulnerability and risk management meetings
- Ensure that all services, operational systems, devices and applications are compliant and sustain compliance with the most current Defense Information System Agency (DISA) security technical implementation guides (STIGs), Security Requirement Guides (SRGs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) requirements, USCYBERCOM Operational Orders (OP ORDs) and approved security updates
- Perform security audits and assessments – create of Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs)
- Coordinate with System Administrators and others for the remediation of all vulnerabilities and report results. For any open vulnerability, document, obtain approval and status POAMs
- Update Security CONOPS and Information Technology Disaster Recovery (ITDR) plans for each Security Plan
- Participate in the development, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery methods and procedures for the ITDR Plan
- In coordination with NGA Government personnel, ensure the appropriate Security CONOPS, ITDR Plan, all Gold Data for FISMA, CCRI, FISCAM, OMB 53/300, and TAM (PS-AM & CMDB) are current, executable and consistent for each SPID
- Conduct technical and administrative STIG/SRG reviews for all CCRI technology areas each quarter
- Assist in the preparation and deliver of monthly and quarterly Assessment and Compliance Status Reports
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to assist the Government in assessing readiness of all applicable UFS systems, applications, and devices in response to short notice/no-notice DISA, CCRI, Computer Network Defense – Service Provider (CND-SP), or other directed inspections/audits
- Support remediation of findings from routine NGA vulnerability scanning, A&A assessments, or inspections with NGA service providers to support USCYBERCOM 21-day remediation requirements
- Support rapid patching deployment process and reporting for USCYBERCOM or vendor patches addressing zero-day exploit activities to support a 7-day remediation timeline as directed by the CSOC
- Establish plans, procedures and technical measures for UFS design and infrastructure to provide Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) and off-site backup capabilities in accordance with NGA Directive (NGAD) 3020
- Ensure the UFS design and infrastructure meets all COOP and off-site backup requirements in accordance with NGAD 3020
- Coordinate and participate with NGA Operation Center and other identified service providers or contracts for any exercises or executions involving UFS
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- TS/SCI security clearance REQUIRED for consideration
- DoD 8570 certification required; minimum certification is Security+ CE
- Understanding of risk management framework for ICD-503
- Experience with the following systems/platforms/tools: XACTA (required)
HOW TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD:
- XACTA 360 (preferred); HBSS; ACAS; Nessus
- Other desired certifications: CISSP, CASP; ITIL
- NGA experience desired
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.