The Defense Group within Leidos has an opening for a skilled Carpenter to provide Training Range Maintenance and Repair support at a government facility on Joint Expeditionary Base (JEB)-Fort Story, in Virginia Beach, VA. The carpenter must be able to:
1) Complete all aspects of small to mid-sized carpentry construction projects from planning to completion, to include creating accurate supply lists, rough construction and finish work
2) Provide advice to and take direction and adjustment from supported customers at all stages of a project
3) Work and complete projects independently and with another similarly skilled carpenter, or as a larger, multi-functional team coordinating with other tradesmen or planning personnel.
4) Travel up to 10% of the time to an alternate work location 2-3 hours away may be required
This position will provide daily carpentry construction support, primary duties include:
- Rebuild damaged/destroyed EOD training structures and training areas following dynamic training scenarios, preparing them for reuse by oncoming EOD platoons.
- Perform routine maintenance to the EOD demolitions range in accordance with NAVSEA OP-5.
- Provide improvements to existing training structures and training areas.
- Construct new training structures and training areas.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
Prior military construction rating or MOS (or civilian equivalent)
Minimum of 5+ years of knowledge and experience in carpentry construction support
- Prior experience with the US Navy
- Military construction
- Firing, explosives or demolition range maintenance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.