Leidos is seeking an Agile Coach with a TS/SCI clearance and polygraph to work on an intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston, VA, area. The candidate will coach multiple teams and associated stakeholders in Agile principles and best practices within the context of software application development work streams. The applicant will provide guidance and training around the creation and ongoing maintenance of backlogs, artifacts, tracking and reporting metrics as well as facilitating team events as required. This is a strategic-level position, working across all levels of management and personnel. This position requires working effectively across teams of contractors, subcontractors and government staff.
- Assesses the Agile Maturity of the teams and coaches to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable.
- Conducts ongoing evaluations to ensure the effectiveness of Agile programs and recommends complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as necessary.
- Establishes new Agile teams and provides interactive initial and ongoing coaching.
- Facilitates classroom/workshop training for professional levels through management of Agile frameworks, competencies, and frameworks.
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with internal/external stakeholders to address Agile knowledge gaps to support Agile effectiveness.
- Works with teams to become effective and efficient in their use of Agile practices
Coaches teams & leaders on the mindset change required to transform their existing development practices to follow agile methodologies.
- Helps teams to adopt and improve agile methods and practices.
- Applies lean thinking to team specific issues to bring a holistic approach to maturing a team.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate effectively with the teams and individuals that they are coaching/training to build trust.
- On-boards new teams adopting agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- Provides role based support and assistance as required.
- Cultivates the capabilities of each team member in their specific roles and enable them to deliver customer value rapidly.
- Drives the required cultural transformation in adopting the new way of working i.e agile development methodologies.
- Participates and contributes actively to continuously evolve processes to align to enterprise agile transformation strategy.
- Former experience as Scrum Master or Product Owner
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Familiar with Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe.
- Applicant must have extensive experience with and can seamlessly work at all levels of an organization (from team level resources to senior executive stakeholders) to enable employment of agile methodologies as a strategic asset for business value generation which includes impactful culture change. Strives to instill a cultural change biased towards continuous improvement
- Experience identifying opportunities for customized coaching then developing and delivering successful Agile coaching.
- Current experience with common Agile tools, such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Current Scrum Master certification(s) and experience developing and executing Agile projects.
- Experience with system requirements, development, test, release management, and project scheduling
- Experience with software development, integration, and maintenance
- Familiarity with coach eXtreme Programming (XP) practices, including pair programming and code reviews
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Prior experience working in a Working Capital Fund environment CSP, PMI-ACP, SPC, or other advanced Agile credential
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.