Leidos is seeking an Associate Chief Engineer (ACE) on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program provides a range of IT services, including Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Active Directory (AD) and Microsoft Exchange services, Mobility Engineering, Security Engineering, software application support, help desk, deskside support, managed print services, IT Service Management (ITSM), and video conferencing.
The individual selected for this position will support the Chief Engineer and the Infrastructure and Applications Manager in providing a wide range of services to the ATF and other DOJ customers, including project management, technical leadership, systems engineering, system design, systems test and integration, and operations support.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee requirements, scope, and architecture for technical baselines.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex IT infrastructure problems utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Lead efforts to modernize IT infrastructure and enhance IT infrastructure reliability and availability.
- Design and develop solutions to technical problems and issues.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions to new customer requirements in support of component development/integration and other engineering support tasks.
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
- Create/review technical designs and make cost-effective solution recommendations.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Brief senior leaders within the government on the status of ongoing projects, and on recommendations for implementation of new and emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates and deployments using existing change management processes.
- Lead and contribute to proposals for on-contract growth and follow-on efforts.
- Support the Program Manager, Chief Engineer and Infrastructure and Applications Manager as required for ongoing and emerging program needs.
- Participate in industry conferences and events as required.
- Participate/Contribute in business development activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 12 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven customer relationship skills and ability to work collaboratively with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience managing and contributing to technical projects
- Four or more years of experience in an engineering discipline with an emphasis on software, hardware or network development, integration and maintenance
- Broad IT Infrastructure knowledge and experience
- Hands on experience with Hyper-V, Storage, Active Directory, ADFS, SCCM and BigFix
- Enthusiasm for working in a high performing team environment and collaborating with customers and users to define scope and design
- Self-motivated to learn new skills for solving challenging engineering, scientific and information technology challenges
- Experience with AWS and Azure Cloud environments
- Familiar with enterprise cloud services
- Domain experience with end-user services
- Experience migrating services and applications to AWS/Azure
- Software development and/or test experience
- Agile certifications and experience leading Agile efforts, particularly as Scrum Master
- Experience supporting customers in a dynamic IT operations environment
- Project Management experience
- Experience working in Federal Government customer environments
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- Current DOJ Clearance
Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.