Are you someone concerned with the security of our nation? Are you driven to protect and serve? Are you skilled in cyber defense? Then Leidos is the place for you. We are ensuring our nation’s security in a partnership with the Department of Homeland Security. Our partnership focuses on the DHS Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services Program where we provide around the clock cyber support focusing on some our nation’s toughest threats.
Leidos is seeking a talented Splunk Content Manager to join our team to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Security Operations Center (SOC). The Content Manager be responsible for the administration of the Splunk SIEM tool and will need a strong cyber security background.
The candidate will:
- Establish and maintain configuration and technical support, assist in the technical design process, and provide guidance/direction to customer on how to best get value from Splunk products.
- Design Splunk system solutions for a large distributed environment consisting of heavy forwarders, indexers, search head servers, spanning security, performance and operational roles.
- Provide engineering and design support to meet growth needs while maintaining performance, stability, scalability and agility balance.
- Be proficient in onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP and modular inputs from sources such as FireEye, Bid IP, Cisco, Syslog, etc.
- Managing data onboarding via command line to include (transforms.conf / props.conf) / bundle pushes.
- Build dashboards highlighting data anomalies and key trends. Design, develop, recommend and implement Splunk dashboards and alerts in support the Incident Response team.
- Develop advanced scripts for the manipulation of data to support analyst requirements.
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk in the environment.
- Perform integration activities to connect with 3rd party software APIs.
- Provide industry standard expertise in the deployment, configuration and operation of Splunk and Splunk enterprise security.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university/college in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with 8 years of related technical experience. Candidates shall have a minimum of five (5) years of experience specific to Splunk system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development.
Must have an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligiblity.
Advanced understanding of specific enterprise environments that direct the correlation of system data for mission impact.
Experience with custom log file parsing.
Experience with Splunk dashboard creation.
Experience creating visualizations for displaying data.
Knowledge of networking protocols.
Database design and Management.
Experience writing Splunk queries in Splunk Programming Language (SPL)
This position is located in Bluemont, Virigina but affords the option of working remote one day a week.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.