The Leidos Innovation Center is seeking talented Mid-Level Software Engineers to support Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in the development of leading-edge technology simulations of autonomous systems and advanced weapons/sensor systems for experimentation and wargaming exercises. This diverse environment utilizes multiple software languages, integrates state-of-the-art military hardware systems, and supports multiple programs for the U.S. Air Force. This is an exciting new opportunity to be a part of leading-edge development for advanced military systems and help develop the next-generation simulation toolset for the U.S. Air Force.
• Develop the Air Force next-generation simulation environment toolset in AFSIM for experimentation, demonstrations, and wargaming exercises
• Collaboratively support the planning, design, integration, and analysis of simulations for experimentation, demonstrations, and wargaming exercises
• Develop mathematical/physics-based algorithms for representing aerospace vehicles, weapon systems, sensor tracking and fusion, electronic warfare (EW) techniques, cyber effects, and communication systems
• Develop graphical user interfaces and simulation visualizations
• Perform model validation and verification in the simulation environment
• Improve the AFSIM Integrated Development Environment (IDE) UI for test scenario generation, model execution, and results visualization
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or related technical discipline and 8+ years of related experience
• Must be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies across the software development life-cycle
• Relevant experience developing software in various languages (i.e., C++, C#, Java, etc)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills within both a team and customer environments
• Apply software best practices and continuous improvements
• Must be a US Citizen
• Eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Domain knowledge in an engineering discipline relating to aerospace and defense
• Knowledge and experience in Modeling, Simulation & Analysis (MS&A) concepts, environments (constructive and virtual), techniques, and methodologies (i.e., distributed simulation, object-oriented simulation, model validation and verification
• Knowledge and experience with the AVTAS tool suite, processes, and capabilities for MS&A and wargaming
• Experience with the AFSIM (Air Force simulation) tool (becoming the DoD std) for providing operations analysis of advanced weapon system concepts. Developed in C++, AFSIM can be customized to unique requirements.
• Proficiency solving mathematical and physics-based problems of moderate complexity
• Advanced object-oriented development skills and software version control tools
• Experience with multiple operating systems (i.e., Windows and Linux environments) and their available tools and libraries
• Active Secret or higher security clearance
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.