The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within the Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Division Manager (DM)/Vice President for its Air Force Division. The DM will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for delivering enterprise IT operations, enterprise modernization, and cyber security solutions to the United States Air Force. The DM will be responsible for leading a dispersed team of employees plus subcontractors in delivering financial commitments to the corporation, delivering the current contracts with excellence and continuing to mature and execute a new business pipeline to ensure long term growth and success of the division.
• Engage the Team – Build an environment and leadership team making AFD a great place to work. Develop and execute talent plans, development plans and training plans maturing the organization to a high-performing team.
• Engage the Customer – Develop and execute a customer engagement plan resulting in meaningful customer engagements which demonstrate the value Leidos brings to their missions with specific focus on the 16th Air Force, Air Force Materiel Command, Air Combat Command, relevant emerging organizations in the US Space Force, and headquarters functions influencing procurement decisions.
• Execute with Excellence – Deliver all contract commitments on-time, on-budget, and at the highest technical quality delighting our USAF customers. Develop and execute keep-sold and on-contract growth strategies delivering value to our customers while ensuring further penetration in existing customer spaces.
• Deliver Results – Achieve or exceed Annual Operating Plan objectives.
• Grow the Business – Partnered with Business Development, continue to mature the AFD strategy and pipeline of new opportunities. Execute the new business pipeline from opportunity interest through proposal submission in concert with Business Development and Capture Management leadership. Identify and present opportunities for inorganic growth.
• Demonstrate Leidos Values – Be the standard-bearer for the organization leading by example in demonstrating Leidos’ values of integrity, innovation, inclusion, agility, commitment and collaboration.
Attributes of a successful candidate include:
• Leadership skills with a proven track record of managing and mentoring senior level staff in a successful organization.
• Experience in developing and growing a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
• Demonstrated and consistent success in achieving or exceeding financial goals
• Ability to engage new customers and present solutions to their complex problems.
• Ability to manage multiple complex demands concurrently.
• Demonstrated understanding of the methodology necessary to target and capture future work, along with demonstrated results.
• Ability to gain internal consensus support; operate independently without supervision or feedback; conceive new and innovative ideas and solutions; predicting potential outcomes, and determine which alternative course of action to follow.
• Ability to establish positive, constructive relationships with technical and functional staff, managers, and peers within the Operation, Group, and across Leidos.
• Experience in identifying potential partners, developing teaming agreements and working with other team members to develop a total integrated business solution.
• Experience in leveraging IRAD to develop technology discriminators.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
Required Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
• A minimum of fifteen years of relevant experience in program management, business management, engineering and business development/capture.
• A minimum of ten years’ experience managing a diverse portfolio of programs or a significantly large single program of high complexity delivering products, services, and support.
• A minimum of five years of team leadership experience, working with a distributed organization, over multiple time zones.
• Managing an organization focused on delivery of enterprise IT operations, enterprise modernization, and cyber security solutions.
• Established relationships with the United States Air Force.
• Annual revenue responsibilities >$100M.
• Experience in mergers and acquisition process—target identification, evaluation, closure and integration.
Clearance Level Required:
US citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Division Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.