Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!! The Leidos Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Service Delivery Manager to work in our Alexandria, Virginia office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your management skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings. The UFS Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI ) Service Delivery Manager is responsible for overseeing a team that maintains the functionality and efficiency of virtual enterprise workstations and virtual host platforms. The team conducts systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies, security needs, and user functional requirements. The Service Delivery Manager will also oversee team members that design new desktop solutions, install new software, troubleshoot issues, perform VDI and applications migrations, and train new users as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Oversee staff members, facilitate meetings, and ensure that the team meets the required SLAs, while also satisfying the customer’s requirements. As team leaders, Service Delivery Managers use strong communication skills to motivate and encourage workers and use strong interpersonal skills to build customer relationships
- Supervises staff through continual communication and performance management; reacts to personnel performance issues and manage conflicts
- Develops and implements work force plans and executes recruitment strategies to fill staffing needs
- Creates a customer-focused environment
- Communicates and works directly with other service providers including senior management
- Works with customer key points of contact to improve information workflow
- Monitors and manages all facets of the virtual desktop infrastructure support services team
- Collaborate with team members to provide creative solutions to stay current with emerging technology
- Engages internal and external resources to provide proactive maintenance, as well as ongoing maintenance to ensure Service Level Agreements are met
- Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills, problem resolution and improved efficiencies and productivity
- Managing finances and budgets
- Determining ways to reduce costs without sacrificing customer satisfaction
- Assessing customer feedback and using your creativity to establish, improve, and refine services
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 'Bachelor's and 8 years relevant experience, additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- TS/SCI level clearance and be willing to submit to a polygraph should one be required
- Experience with designing, deploying, managing, and configuring virtual and physical workstation environments using Windows 7 and 10 with Microsoft SCCM
- Experience with VMWare virtualization solutions using ESX 5.5 and newer
- Experience with enterprise desktop deployments and management, including application package development and enterprise system refreshes
- Experience with enterprise Citrix solutions for desktop and application deployments
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop, including 7and10 with Server, including 2012, 2012R2, and 2016 operating systems, VMWare virtualization solutions, and Citrix capabilities
- Experience with writing and deploying Microsoft PowerShell scripts to support the collection of data from workstations and servers, assist with the deployment of software packages, and perform remediation actions on workstation or server assets
HOW YOU STAND OUT:
Experience in designing solutions for one or more of the following areas:
- Design solutions for Desktop Image Management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
- Home Directory and Profile Support Services
- Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
- Unified Communications Support Services
- E-mail Support Services
- Desktop Software Support Services
- Desktop Entity Support Services
- Domain Services
- Directory, Authentication and Account Management- O&S - Expanded 12x5
- Domain Name Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Patch Management (Windows)
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.