The Airborne Reconnaissance Low-Enhanced (ARL-E) Aviation Safety Manager develops, implements and maintains a Safety program throughout the life cycle of system development, aircraft integration, airborne test and sustainment of an airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Mission Equipment platform across multiple CONUS locations.
Establish and maintain written mishap prevention program for flight and ground operations which includes the following applicable elements:
Risk Management, Establish hazard identification and elimination procedures, Establish a contractor aviation safety council (AKA consolidated safety council) to promote a program of accident prevention in flight, ground and industrial activities as they apply to flight and ground operations. Conduct monthly flight safety meetings encompassing all functional areas and conduct regular safety audits or assessments in accordance with DCMA 8210.1C and AR 385 Series, Safety publications. Laison with assigned Government Flight Representatives relating to AR 95-20 and Leidos Corporate requirements.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree and 8 years experience serving as an Aviation Safety Officer with work experience and/or formal education in Safety Management Systems (SMS), Operational Risk Management, Hazard Reporting Programs, Aviation Human Factors, Accident & Incident Investigation, and Emergency Response Planning
- The candidate must have a working knowledge of FAA regulations pertaining to safety management and human factors (AC120-92B, AC60-22, AC120-51E), NTSB procedures for reporting and conducting accident investigations (49 CFR part 830), and military safety regulations in the DMCA 8210
- Experience producing measurable accident prevention procedures (e.g. proficiency evaluations, hazard analyses, fatigue management)
- Experience responding to aircraft accidents and incidents to include aircraft accident/incident reporting, a response plan, or participated in exercises that tested established response plans
- Experience providing procedures for managing risk to an optimum level using risk analysis and risk management to identify and mitigate hazards
- An in-depth understanding and experience of Crew Resource Management (CRM) training with an emphasis on principles and concepts that improve crew performance and flight safety
- Significant verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues, management or sponsors.
- Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain maintain a TS/SCI Clearance
- Graduated from the Army Aviation Safety Officer Course or course equivalent provided by a recognized training provider and authority in aviation safety
- Prior experience designing, developing, delivering and maintaining learning solutions
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.