Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) has an opening for a McMurdo Station Operations Manager.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and oversee McMurdo Station Operations departments, while collaborating with teammate leadership from PAE (station operations), Six Mile (waste management) and Gana-A’Yoo Service Corporation (GSC) (station services), in safe execution of the USAP mission.
- Provide budget (Control Account Manager) oversight, when required, for selected Operations departments.
- Assist with development of Annual Program Plan information for selected Operations departments.
- Provide input on Operations impacts from Project or Sustaining changes and plans.
- Facilitate Operations support capabilities and solutions for National Science Foundation grantees, ASC departments and other partner groups, including Support Forces Antarctica, Naval Information Warfare Center, NASA and Antarctica New Zealand.
- Status ASC and NSF management on support capability.
- Communicate with station community and partner agencies on behalf of McMurdo Operations.
- Liaise with project managers and project teams in support of minor and major project activities.
- Support station Emergency Operations Center, while deployed, as a 24-hr on-call Core Team member.
- Provide implementation support for US Army Corps of Engineers, Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory (CRREL) partners.
- Provide off-ice support for Winter Site Manager and Winter Operations teams.
- Lead McMurdo Operations groups in development of new or improved operations capabilities and modes of support.
- Regularly communicate Operations concerns, status and priorities to Deputy Operations Manager and ASC Station Management.
- Work in close collaboration with ASC Area Manager.
- Participate in Performance Management Team (PMT), Milestone and other key station support meetings.
- Lead conflict resolution and de-escalation efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience or industry relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 6 years of supervisory/management and administration experience
- Demonstrated aptitude with verbal and written communications to clients and customer groups
- High level of comfort using Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Six Sigma Training
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, and psychological examination for winter-over positions, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure. US citizenship or permanent residency required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.