At Leidos, we are looking to make an investment in your career and professional growth. We have an opportunity for a multi-talented Network Engineer in San Diego, CA/Point Loma, CA. This position provides an optional 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available. You must have an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) to be considered.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining the fabric on which all other IT systems and services are built. You will be required to develop solutions to complex technical issues such as administrating and operating aspects of multiple systems and related software including Linux RHEL 7 servers in VMWare and Amazon Web Services hosted environments, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Windows servers. Additional responsibilities include:
- Supports, troubleshoots and applies expertise regarding network issues between environments and system users.
- Supports mission critical systems by providing technical expertise for server and database support and establishing innovative, time sensitive solutions.
- Builds, deploys, and monitors, software baselines across multiple domains and environments, ensuring configuration and operability.
- Performs performance analysis and tuning, disaster recovery, and monitoring of data.
- Advises/participates in design of system architecture and infrastructure support systems.
- Support all required pipeline environments by ensuring patch compliance, baseline software updates and system health/status checks are complete.
- Recommends guidance based on established procedures to ensure corrective actions are taken to restore environment functionality.
- Employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions.
- At times, support Systems Administrators for the Linux Virtual Machines (VMs) and installed hardware including tasks of designing, installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching and performance tuning; and support of software integration, test automation and information assurance teams in accessing environments as well as maintain user accounts, passwords and access controls.
- This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI (must be “SCI Eligible” in JPAS) security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Networking Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field and 8-12 years of related experience with designing, building and documenting networks including hardware administration.
- Candidate must have detailed and extensive knowledge of routing and switching capabilities as well as server design, storage and workstations.
- Experience with IPv4 and IPv6 networking, to include basic network switch and router troubleshooting.
- Advanced networking experience to include configuration of Cisco routers and related equipment.
- Experience building and automating systems within VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Service (AWS) based deployments.
- Must be CSWF eligible, that is, IAT Level II certified with COMP TIA Security+ and one of the following OS certifications: Windows, Linux or Networking certification.
- Proficient with OpenShift or other Docker/Kubernetes service platforms.
- Experience with architecture documentation and API design.
- Strong background/certifications with installing and configuring software within Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems.
- Experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience writing scripts for at least one operating system (Linux, Windows).
- Ability to continually adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel. Strong computer related skills.
- Experience with PKI client and server Certificates.
- Basic knowledge of automation tools and software such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet/Chef, CloudFormation, Powershell.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with Jenkins, Nexus, or similar DevOps automation pipeline tools.
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.