Leidos' Corporate Office of Technology, supporting the Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Office of Technology within the Leidos Defense Group, has an opening for a Solution Architect.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise and leadership experience in support of our DoD Information Technology customers. This telecommuter based position requires up to 25% travel to the Washington Metro area and/or customer and partner locations. You must be eligible to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance, those holding active clearance will be considered with priority.
- Provide leadership and technical direction for the pursuit of new DoD IT business opportunities. This will include developing comprehensive technical plans that address both new and emerging technology, responsive to standard and emerging business models, training and Operations and Maintenance.
- Provide leadership to specific new business capture teams in response to proposals.
- Produces technical road maps that advance the technical baseline and address both technical, management and business case factors. Define and support Internal Research and Development projects to advance Leidos capability.
- Lead engineering assessments of a wide range of IT technology by defining objectives, requirements, use cases and engaging Subject Matter Experts.
- Lead definition of complete solutions covering the system life cycle from Early CONOPS, to requirements, technical planning and architecture development, system integration, analysis of alternatives, verification and validation, design, build, cost , deploy, and sustainment.
- Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience supervising or leading technical teams.
- Previous experience as a Chief Engineer or equivalent for IT Projects within a technical domain: compute and storage solutions, End User Services, Networks and Network Services, Cyber Security, Cloud Service Provider (IaaS, PaaS), COTS integration, OSS and BSS tool knowledge.
- Possesses broad IT Knowledge base with key IT technologies to include but not limited to: End user computing, Network WAN/LAN, Virtualization Technologies, Defensive Cyber Operations, Cloud Technologies, IA.
- Excellent written and oral communication capability. Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
- Experience writing Technical proposals and winning work.
- Experience and ability to successfully negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Experience estimating all technical and operations costs within the solution.
- Experience identifying and assessing business impacts to proposed changes to a largely technical solution or enterprise operations.
- Ability to obtain DOD Secret Clearance, those with active clearance will be considered with priority.
- Systems engineering experience
- Experience Developing IT Services and Managing Service Level Agreements
- Experience with Cloud Service Provider FEDRAMP Plus Impact Level 4,5 and 6 controls
- ITIL v3 (or v4) foundations certification and Enterprise IT experience using ITIL to include Service Design and Transition as well as Service Operations.
- Technical Certifications such as AWS Certified Solution Architect or CISCO CCNP
- Experience introducing and applying DevOps capability into enterprises
E&CS Office of Technology
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.