The Defense Group, Airborne Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for an Aviation Quality Control Manager to work in our Manassas, VA office. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners.
As the Aviation Quality Control Manager you will be expected to utilize your experience to implement and oversee aviation quality procedures in order to create a safe and efficient operating environment. Your efforts will help ensure performance through schedule internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structure improvement activities. Your duties will include the development of processes and procedures that align the Operation with DCMA 8210.1C, AS9100, and FAA FAR requirements as well as the execution of established program execution and mission assurance requirements. This requires a broad understanding of all aspects of aviation including maintenance and operation functions.
- POC for all Aviation Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions in the Operation
- Oversee DCMA 8210.1c compliance for the Operation
- Ensuring that maintenance operations completed in accordance with FAA 14 CFR Part 43, Leidos policies and procedures and OEM approved technical data
- Ensuring quality standards to maintain ISO 9100/9110 certifications
- Obtaining and maintain IS-BAO certification for the Operation
- Performing site audits to ensure Leidos policies and procedures, FAA regulations and customer requirements are being met
- Addressing Internal and External Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and provide a timely, sustained resolution through Root Cause Analysis
- Ensuring that aircraft modifications or component changes are in compliance with approved technical data and procedures
- Coordinating and/or presenting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Deployment and implementation of appropriate QMS processes;
- Recommending, facilitating, tracking and reporting on continuous process improvement activities
- Implementing audit practices for internal processes and products
- Providing the Operations Manager and Division Managers with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations as required for program support and/or audits
- Reporting to higher-level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program; and
- Supporting the Business Development Team with information as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree and eight (8) years of prior relevant experience; or Master’s with six (6) year of prior relevant experience. Additional years of direct experience working in aviation programs in support of defense contracts under DCMA INST 8210.1 / AR 95-20 requirements may be substituted for degree.
- Must have a Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Must have at least 8 years of experience maintaining and/or returning aircraft to service as well as experience leading teams and projects
- Must have FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Must have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification
- In depth knowledge of DCMA 8210.1C and AS9100/AS9110 requirements.
- Ability to create and maintain aviation program manuals, forms, and records.
- Must be a US Citizen and have a valid passport
- Must be willing and able to travel to both CONUS and OCONUS locations as needed (OCONUS travel may include Hardship & Hazardous locations)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access military installations.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aviation Quality Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.