The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Engineer - Netwitness, contingent upon contract award, in Washington, DC.
The work includes operation, maintenance, and administration of existing network and systems architectures and their components. The Senior Level Lead Engineer shall support enterprise packet capture management engineering.
the Lead Netwitness Engineer be responsible for system design/development as well as will be a Sr Engineer on program mentoring Jr Engineers.
· Implement Network Security policies;
· Provide extensive knowledge of RSA NetWitness security tool. Train users on the use of the tool as appropriate;
· Setup, configure, and maintain NetWitness;
· Inspect traffic and report on traffic patterns, anomalies, malware, and other threats;
· Knowledge of log formats for syslog, http logs, and DB logs;
· Installing software on servers / Configuring Agents to forward logs to SIEM;
· Technical advisory role in implementation and architecture design;
· Assist in threat detection activities across teams;
· Maintain system documentation, tuning system performance etc.
Education and Years of Experience:
· BA or BS technical degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology or a related technical field.
· 6+ years related experience
· Experience setting up, configuring and maintaining packet capture devices;
· Experience using tools to operationalize network security policies;
· Experience with threat identification and inline threat prevention;
· In-depth knowledge of log formats for syslog, http logs, and DB logs;
· Experience coordinating threat detection activities across teams;
· Experience in safely utilizing vulnerability assessment tools as well as attacker tools, tactics and procedures;
· Experience in system deployments, upgrades, ongoing maintenance and operations;
· Experience in configuration and operation of security device authentication, management & logging platforms;
· Possess at least one industry recognized certification; preferred: CEH, CISSP, GCIH, GCTI, GNFA, RSA NetWitness
Ability to obtain Public Trust/Moderate Risk (Level 5) Clearance.
Travel is estimated at 20%
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.