Leidos is seeking an experienced Configuration Data Manager to provide configuration and data management (CM/DM), support quality assurance (QA), program/project (PP), requirements analysis (RA), risk management (RM), and software engineering (SE) efforts in accordance with the program’s Configuration Management Plan. The Configuration Data Manager must have progressive experience in managing configuration of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable Government ownership of the program technical baseline.
- Provide CM of all relevant program artifacts.
- Review and analyze the development/sustainment Contractor’s CM program and data deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Maintain CM files including configuration identification, change control, and status accounting records.
- Convene and manage the Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), Technical Review Boards (TRBs), and record approved changes and results.
- Participate in cross-functional change control boards to evaluate proposed changes.
- Review and analyze proposed changes to ensure operational and sustainment capabilities are not adversely affected by the changes.
- Review the CCB membership list for currency and completeness.
- Support Engineering Assessments.
- Prepare for, conduct, and/or support major audits such as Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) and Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs).
- Record and maintain assessment and audit findings, minutes, and action items.
- Report the Development/Sustainment’s data delivery status.
- Support pre- and post-contract award data reviews.
- Review and analyze the development/sustainment Contractor’s conformance to CDRL requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, of which three(3) years must be in the DoD; additional experience and certifications maybe considered in lieu of education
- Applicants must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an DoD Secret clearance
- Experience performing HW and SW configuration audits
- Experience performing the technical/administrative activities necessary to manage CM tools for inventory control, version control, data duplication, and media labeling
- Experience producing release notes and CM reports
- Experience performing baseline administrative activities for multiple environments
- Experience developing briefings for management
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle
- Ability to enter and manipulate data in a database
- Prefer ten (10) years of experience
- An active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to maintain
- An in-depth understanding of the configuration change control process, the role of the Change Control Board, and change control documentation.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.