- Provide network engineering, deployment, O&M, and procurement support to multiple government customers. This position entails regular coordination/interaction with telco providers, vendors, and other contractors, and draws upon working knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, from data circuit architectures such as SONET/DWDM, TDM and Ethernet, to networking equipment such as Cisco routers/switches, and both commercial and government encryption hardware/software.
- Participate in the helpdesk support for multiple nationwide customer networks with issues pertaining to connectivity, client/server, VoIP and VTC. Serve as alternate COMSEC custodian for multiple accounts.
- Responsibilities will include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies. Resolving network related technical problems while applying technical skillset. Working with a team of highly skilled technical leads for recommending, implementing and monitoring of technical solutions from concept to actual deployment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer, peers and executive leadership where applicable.
- 12-15 Years / Bachelor’s Degree. A Master’s degree in a relevant field will meet the educational requirement in the event a Bachelor’s degree is not in a relevant field. Equivalent experience may be substituted for a BS to meet the Educational requirement. Equivalent experience for a BS is 4 years’ experience in a relevant filed in the respective discipline. Consequently, the Senior skill level shall require 12+ years of a relevant experience if experience is referenced in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Min 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Ethernet and IP LAN design, configuration and maintenance
- SONET based WAN design, configuration and maintenance
- BGP and MPLS design, configuration and maintenance
- Configuration and maintenance of Type 1 Cryptographic systems
- Installation and maintenance of the preceding technologies at multiple distributed locations.
- System auditing and monitoring with tools such as Solarwinds, Splunk or equivalent
- Enterprise level Cisco network devices
- Demonstrated experience briefing and collaborating with Customers on the results of troubleshooting efforts and standup of operational networks.
- Demonstrated experience building evolving, and documenting enterprise like network environment
- Demonstrated experience procuring and delivering products to Sponsor for a program of similar scope and complexity
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.