Leidos is seeking a lead Systems Engineer experienced in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods to lead a team that will support the Air Force Research Lab. This role will explore how future weapons systems enable our future fighting force through defining requirements, architectures, and interfaces for the systems that will then be used in conducting detailed campaign analysis (wargaming). MBSE tools such as NoMagic Cameo Systems Modeler (CSM) or IBM Rhapsody/Jazz/Doors will be used to create DODAF, UAF, and or SysML models that will be the basis of simulations of the system as well as managing the requirements.
As a Systems Engineering Lead with Leidos, primary roles & responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of expert Systems Engineers who are proficient in the use of MBSE methodologies and tools in a challenging environment to explore how future weapons perform as part of a larger fighting forces using detailed campaign analysis.
- Exercise existing tools and models and create new models to represent new and emerging systems. This will be a synthesis of MBSE tools like NoMagic CSM and mathematical modeling tools like Matlab.
- Support innovative new weapons and technologies and develop performance models to include in the campaign analysis.
- Perform sensitivity and Reliability analysis against the defined requirements to validate the proposed system.
- Conduct wargames and determine loss ratios and quantify the interplay between complex military systems.
- Interact with USAF leaders by developing reports and presentations which highlight the effectiveness of new technologies.
For Level 4
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Systems Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience or Masters with six (6) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
For Level 5
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Systems Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of twelve (12 years of experience or Masters with ten (10) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
All levels require:
- Applicants must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain an active SECRET clearance
- The ability to lead and mentor a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with DODAF/UAF and SysML
- Understanding of military CONOPS
- Experience with using tools such as NoMagic CSM and IBM tool suite to do MBSE modeling. As well as experience with executable SysML simulation capabilities and scripting languages.
- Experience with MBSE methodologies such as Magicgrid, IBM Harmony and their interfacing with Agile development methods.
- Experience in simulation environments such as MATLAB, and the ability to program using Python or C++
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.