Leidos is seeking mid-level Systems Engineers experienced in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods to support the Air Force Research Lab. This role will explore how future weapons systems enable our future fighting force through defining requirements, architectures, and interfaces for the systems that will then be used in conducting detailed campaign analysis (wargaming). MBSE tools such as NoMagic Cameo Systems Modeler (CSM) or IBM Rhapsody/Jazz/Doors will be used to create DODAF, UAF, and or SysML models that will be the basis of simulations of the system as well as managing the requirements.
As a Systems Engineer with Leidos the primary role & responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Use MBSE methodologies and tools in a challenging environment to explore how future weapons perform as part of a larger fighting forces using detailed campaign analysis.
- Exercise existing tools and models and create new models to represent new and emerging systems. This will be a synthesis of MBSE tools like NoMagic CSM and mathematical modeling tools like Matlab.
- Support innovative new weapons and technologies and develop performance models to include in the campaign analysis.
- Perform sensitivity and Reliability analysis against the defined requirements to validate the proposed system.
- Interact with USAF leaders by developing reports and presentations which highlight the effectiveness of new technologies.
For Level 2-
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of two (2) years of experience, or Masters with no prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
For Level 3-
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of four (4) years of experience, or Masters with two (2) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
All levels require:
- Applicants must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain SECRET clearance
- The ability to work on a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with DODAF/UAF and SysML
- Experience with using tools such as NoMagic CSM and IBM tool suite to do MBSE modeling. As well as experience with executable SysML simulation capabilities and scripting languages.
- Experience with MBSE methodologies such as Magicgrid, IBM Harmony and their interfacing with Agile development methods.
- Understanding of military CONOPS
- Experience in simulation environments such as MATLAB, and the ability to program using Python or C++
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.