Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Leidos currently has an opening for a experienced Oracle Database Administrator / System Engineer at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba .
The Oracle DBA / System Engineer will provide on-site Oracle Database administration, system administration, and Information Assurance (IA) support on the production DCGS-A servers for the Joint Task Force, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Candidate will provide daily hands-on administration and backup of Redhat and VMware servers running Oracle 12 databases and Querytree / Starlight applications. Daily IA functions include Redhat and Oracle patching along with hardening of servers. Other duties include Querytree/Feedpipes administration, and writing custom database ingestion scripts to harvest, transform, load, and display data. The candidate will be based at GTMO and provide on-site support for the Oracle databases and associated servers.
Work Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 10 years related experience.
- Department of Defense 8570 IAT Level II Technical certification.
- Oracle Certified Associate certification.
- Linux+ Certification.
- 5+ Years of experience managing mission critical databases. The Oracle DBA is solely responsible for maintaining VLDBs. In-depth knowledge of: Oracle Grid, Oracle ASM, Oracle backup & recovery of databases, Oracle tuning of database instances, Oracle security enforcement for all databases.
- 5+ Years of experience with Linux+ servers.
- 5+ Years of experience implementing Redhat Linux Information Assurance activities to include application and operating system software patching.
- 5+ Years of experience of application software testing and release management of IC applications to include baseline and CM compliance.
- 5+ Years of experience implementing Feedpipes, Querytree, Name Variant Engine, and Jabber.
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005, Perl, PHP, Python, or SQL Scripting.
- A current TS/SCI security clearance is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.