Leidos is looking for a programmer to work as part of a development team charged with engineering and operating a content management system that is currently in use for its intranet platforms to also be used as its internet platform. This position is located in the Chantilly, VA area and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
This work involves analyzing user needs and researching, designing, developing or customizing, and testing software to meet those needs. It also involves reviewing existing code and refactoring it to increase reusability and extensibility and improve performance. The work will include developing and carrying out software system testing and validation procedures. The work also involves consulting with and advising managers on project status, proposals, and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance. The work may involve training users.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Expertise and work experience with source control using systems such as Subversion or GitHub.
- Expertise and work experience with full life-cycle software development and web application projects in a cloud environment, to include (a) gathering requirements from customers, (b) code development, and (c) user interface layout and design.
- Expertise and work experience performing unit testing and stress testing.
- Expertise and work experience with development of collaborative applications and social media.
- Expertise and work experience creating custom WordPress plugins.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.