Leidos is seeking an entry level Software Test Engineer who will be part of a test team with opportunities to test different products, such as web applications, websites, documents and databases. The testing will include both manual and automated testing.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs and testing back end ETL and other data processes. In addition, the candidate is expected to learn the test automation effort and process as well as tools used on the program. Candidate may also participate in test tool evaluations, creating automation metrics and ROI as well as attend training with other testers for test automation. The candidate will be working with a team of automation engineers. The candidate should be able to collaborate with more senior testers to develop and learn testing strategies for each release.
- Promotes and learns continuous testing/agile test strategies and DevOps
- Learns to design test strategies and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms (mobile, cloud and web) and with an emphasis on automation working with more senor testers on the program.
- Learns to design and implement strategies to execute automated tests daily in various environments, monitoring automated test results and reporting defect with more senior testers on the program.
- Modify automated scripts as needed to keep automated tests up to date.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Holding test case peer reviews with program team stakeholders to identify automation candidates.
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and weekly test team meetings.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
- Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gather metrics on all activities.
- Using metrics in quantitative project management concept to identify areas for improvement.
- Helps other testers in adopting test automation.
- Participates in test evaluation process.
- Supports all automation activities with the automation team and the program test lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in related and 0-2 years of experience or up to 2 years of prior relevant experience
- At least academic experience performing software tests
- Experience with drafting test processes and test strategies or related academic documentation.
- Awareness of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to obtain a Public Trust clearance to get a Health and Human Services badge
- US Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or Green Card Holder required
- Desired Skills include:
- Knowledge of and experience with performance and load testing
- Experience incorporating security testing into agile frameworks
- Experience using VMware
- Knowledge of 508 compliance testing
- Experience working in public health and federal contracting
- Knowledge and/or experience using test automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Katalon Studio, Subject-7, UFT
- Knowledge and/or experience in using JIRA, Git/Bitbucket
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.