This System Administrator serves in an Engineer capacity on the Email Support Team supporting management with enforcing procedures and consistently applying policies across the program. In this role, the member will author and maintain SOPs, knowledge articles and other necessary artifacts to communicate process and procedures. In addition, the member will be required to assist or manage projects, task completion and tiger teams that support enterprise level engineering efforts. Maintains network architecture and serves as Tier III administrator for problems and discrepancies that impact the enterprise email & computing environment. Works directly with management to improve performance and anticipate customers’ needs with innovative recommendations. The position is located at customer location in the National Capital Region and will require frequent customer interface. Some travel may be required to other facilities or locations to support customer.
Assigns privileges, maintains system security, troubleshoots system and software problems; establishes and updates procedures and documentation. Performs daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues. Assist server teams in hardware/software integration; investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibilities. Monitor system daily for proper operation, performs routine system preventative and restorative maintenance. Candidate must be able to work independently and in a group environment. Maintain appropriate level of technical competency in areas of responsibility to recommend appropriate system upgrades. Experience with Windows Servers is required. Experience with cloud is desired. Experience with NGA mission, programs and facilities are also desired.
• Responsible for the availability email for a national agency’s Exchange 2010/2013/2016 email environment on five separate networks supporting more than 100,000 accounts.
• Manages, monitors, and corrects the performance of various Exchange server roles through examination of log files, monitoring script output, and automated reports from BMC or other monitoring and ITSM suites.
• Monitors and corrects issues with replication of Exchange data between clustered nodes needed for reliability across multiple locations.
• Familiar with COOP and IT support to Remote Locations with varying operational status.
• Creates scripts to automate the reporting and collection of Exchange email usage, growth, mailbox moves and other reports as needed.
• Performs configuration changes, patch management, and upgrades to Exchange application and underlying Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers hosting Exchange.
• Experienced with Windows Server decommissioning processes and server migration.
• Creates Exchange organizational mailboxes, email accounts and resource accounts as needed.
• Additional daily tasks include responding to trouble tickets beyond the Help Desk and Desk Top support teams abilities.
• Participates in planning enhancements, conference calls and upgrades to the Exchange environment.
• Performs restores of email accounts using Quest Recover Manager for Exchange and native tools.
• Ensure system and DB backups are functioning and available for recovery.
• Have knowledge of and ability to work with VMware /ESXI hosted virtual infrastructure.
• Experience with virtualized servers on the VMWare platform and experience in troubleshooting Outlook in an Exchange connected environment.
• Familiarity, understanding, and experience with the structure, construction, and execution of PowerShell scripts.
• Understanding of enterprise concepts, including the integration with Directory Structure Technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory.
• Understanding of network storage concepts and devices.
• Familiarity with performance and performance impacts when securing, monitoring, and supporting Cyber Security Agents in Windows Servers and Exchange.
• Understanding of PKI, certificate authority, and certificates in an enterprise.
• Extensive experience with Windows Server configuration, installation and troubleshooting.
• Dependable, detail oriented, and ability to prioritize in a highly flexible environment
• Current DoD 8570 Certification, primary certification is Security+
• Bachelor of Science degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business is preferred) with at least 4 years or more experience as a System Administrator
• Resumes can be submitted with related technical disciplines coupled with higher level of education and fewer years of experience if indicates equivalent or preferred expertise
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016 is required
• Knowledge of Exchange 2010/2013/2016 email environment
• Experience with scripting and execution of PowerShell scripts
• Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as required. Must be able to communicate by phone and in person with customers and appropriate organizations.
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance and willing to take a CI polygraph.
• This is not an entry level position.
• AWS Certification
• Linux Certification
• Microsoft Server Certification
• SharePoint experience
• SQL Server experience
• Active Directory experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.