The QRC AISR Group is seeking a talented and motivated Training Manager/Instructor in Bridgewater, VA. The position offers the candidate the opportunity to work with dynamic environment supporting multiple Airborne ISR programs. Some travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations may be necessary.
The Training Manager will be responsible for managing the Systems Engineering and Integration teams’ training/certifications in support of customer requirements and company objectives across multiple functional areas. The Training Manager is expected to demonstrate strong learning leadership expertise in order to provide guidance for content development using both classic and contemporary learning design strategies that meet learner needs. In addition to an expertise in learning content development, this role will require some project management skills to define and track activities to successfully achieve milestones and objectives. The Training Manager should have a consultative skill set, seek to learn and understand the body of work, as well as end-user needs, capabilities and resources, to ensure optimal content and resource development. This person should be highly collaborative and possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively partner with subject matter experts (SMEs).
Duties will include but are not limited:
- Maintains personnel training/certification records and develops and maintains the schedule for training compliance.
- Work with other leads and stakeholders to prioritize required training and development activities.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the training program.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate planning of all support activities.
- Establish milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifying discrepancies and providing solutions.
- Provide guidance to key personnel, for completion of overall contract objectives and activities.
- Develop and implement a communication plan that provides weekly training compliance and program status to management.
- Coordinate and schedule vendor training/certification with SE&I and Program Management.
- Develop training materials to fulfill government requirements.
- Audit, Analyze and Evaluate effectiveness of training program to include content and trainers and make recommendations for program improvements.
- Assist in the development and creation of lesson plans and training aids.
- Deliver group and individual instruction and training covering a range of technical and/or operational.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two (2) years of prior relevant experience;; an additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an active Secret clearance with ability to maintain.
- 10% travel - Able to obtain a passport or visa to travel to CONUS and OCONUS customer and company locations as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making.
- Possess thorough knowledge of appropriate hardware and software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with DOD Aviation Regulations and Publications
- Experience with DCMA policies and procedures
- Experience with AS9100
- Experience with operational Airborne ISR
- Experience in systems engineering, requirements tracking, testing and validation and sustainment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.