Leidos is seeking an intern for scripting and automation role using python, linux shell scripting.
Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of Leidos Team working with database engineers, DevOps, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to script and automate various tasks as required.
The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS degree in Software Engineering or related from an accredited college/university and have two years completed towards degree
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance
- Experience in any scripting or programming language. (Examples: Java, Python, Linux Shell, Windows Powershell scripting)
- Database Exposures and understanding of RDBMS, data model and schemas.
- Good in Structural Query Language (SQL)
- Strong in Linux, need to navigate in Linux based database environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Prepare technical documents and presentation
- Working on Cloud environment, AWS
- Database Administration (DBA) knowledge
- Confluence, Bitbucket, Git
- working in Agile and fast pace team.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.