The Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions group is currently supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) Program. EHRM will provide a single common Electronic Health Record (EHR) across VA and the Department of Defense (DoD) to provide seamless care for Veterans and active duty military members improving their access to the highest quality care. This position will be on site in Arlington, VA.
The Leidos MVHS group currently has an opening for a Functional Analyst. The candidate will have the ability to research, interpret, and understand functional documentation supporting existing VA healthcare applications.
Candidate must demonstrate strong written and oral communications skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under tight deadline constraints.
The primary focus of the functional analysis is to identify and understand the mechanisms and workflow for transfer of data within the existing VA EHR; and then support the design activity for the transfer of data within the new VA EHRM, both internally and with external applications.
The candidate will work with a team of a System Architect, Architects, Technical Analysts, and Technical Writers to develop and deliver ICDs within an Agile Scrum environment.
The candidate should have 8 years of experience working as a Healthcare provider (e.g., nurse), or 8 years of experience working in the Health IT industry (e.g., development).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Healthcare systems experience
- Healthcare domain experience/expertise
- Health IT domain expertise
- Business analysis/requirements experience Strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience with large-scale projects, with cross-functional development teams, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to details under tight deadline constraints is essential.
- Excellent relationship building skills and sound interpersonal skills, while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems, or equivalent technical discipline.
- Requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Per Government Contract, U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a VA Moderate BI clearance.
- Active VA clearance and active PIV card.
- Knowledge of, and preferably experienced with Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Familiar with the standards and practices of requirements analysis.
- Familiar with relational database concepts.
- Experience working on VA DoD, and/or VHA technology platforms and systems a plus.
- Master’s Degree in any related field.
- Experience using Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.