The QRC AISR Group currently has an opening for a Site Lead/Lead/Pilot/Operations Manager supporting an OCONUS-based manned ISR program. Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for manned aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and post mission analysis. The Site Lead/Lead Pilot/Operations Manager is responsible for leading SOF ISR flight and ground operations OCONUS to maximize mission results, ensure safety of personnel and equipment, and maintain accountability to U.S. government personnel. The Site Lead//Lead Pilot/Operations Manager reports directly to the Program Manager and maintains direct liaison with Government, Military, and other Contractor representatives.
Specific responsibilities include; managing operational systems and aircraft; establishing and enforcing flight standards and regulatory compliance; ensuring safety of flight, maintenance, and ground operations; providing reports and updates to CONUS staff; maintaining operational oversight of staff and equipment; monitoring and tracking flight status; assessing risk and obtaining flight authorization; developing and editing procedures; auditing site for compliance with Government metrics; and other duties as required to ensure responsiveness of the program.
This is a deployed management position and pay is commensurate. Flight hours are authorized to maintain credibility and expertise within the program. Hours may be increased or decreased as needed - while flying is NOT the primary duty, it is required and DHC-8 type will be provided, if required. This position is ideal for a mature leader (former military or government contractor) who desires extended time off (when not deployed) who is willing to deploy for up to 90 days (consideration will be given to returning seasoned military/contractor pilots to flight status who have not flown recently).
To be considered for this position candidates must:
• Be willing to deploy for rotations of at least 90 days with 90 days off during non-rotation periods (live anywhere).
• Be able to obtain a passport to travel internationally.
• Be willing to travel for long periods of time, work long hours and/or non-regular hours with minimal notice.
• Possess a minimum active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
• Be willing to fly in the aircraft for extended times and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
• Have or be able to obtain a FAA Class II medical certificate or military equivalent.
• Be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires a deployment physical, immunizations and training.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 8 to 12 years of military/contractor flight operations experience. An additional 4 years my be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience as a rated military pilot (or contractor equivalent) with relevant flight operations experience within the last five years; Minimum of 1200 hours experience as PIC in multi-engine aircraft (must possess Commercial or Air Transport Pilot Certificate).
• Proven contractor and/or military leadership experience – preference will be given for experience managing/leading military flight operations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• De Havilland Dash 8 experience.
• Former Military Instructor Pilot and/or Civilian Certified Flight Instructor (CFI).
• Special Operations Aviation experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.