Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Chief Technology Officer to support the IOSS contract in Austin, TX.
The Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) program located in Austin, TX. This position is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects in support of the VA IOSS. The Chief Technology Officer works with VA Executive Management and Leidos Veterans Health Technical Account Managers and overall Veterans Health CTO to fulfill the VA mission through the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, this position will work with all employees in the VA and contractors to attain the VA's strategic goals established in the VA's strategic plan. Candidate must work from customer location in Austin, TX. No remote work, No relocation is provided.
We are seeking a Chief Technology Officer to support the IOSS contract. We require experience in Infrastructure Operation Services. Veterans Preference.
- Work with VA Leadership to establish the VA's technical vision
- Work with VA Leadership to direct all aspects of technological development.
- Assist VA to direct their strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads both inside of IO and out as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the VA's culture, mission and values.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Work with Leidos Veterans Health Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and overall Veterans Health CTO for analysis of innovative architectures and solutions in support of major VA efforts and business objectives within the core while balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- Acts as a good steward of VA resources and ensures control of internal and external budgets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires 12 years of prior relevant experience in related field or Master’s Degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have a proven track record of success in leadership position, IT Service Management utilizing Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) , Leadership skills in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including implementation of Private Cloud, Azure or AWS and consolidation of data centers within in large regulated enterprise environments. Exceptional project management and organization skills.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Requires US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
veterans' preference is giving for this position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.