Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
As a System Administrator utilizing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Application Virtualization (APP-V) for Managed Software Services Release Operations the technician will execute software Configuration Item changes on all thick/thin client workstations across the three network enclaves. The system administrator will be responsible for deploying to Production/Enterprise Entities and to ensure the success of any software or operating system deployment to these critical segments. The Release Operations team adheres to industry standards throughout the deployment cycle of: notification, coordination, end point information gathering, actual deployment of the software, and the troubleshooting and resolution of any failed deployments.
- Understanding of Tier 1 & 2 System Administration.
- Ability to resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues, and address trouble tickets and service tasks associated with SCCM deployments.
- Familiarity with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy Objects.
- Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities.
- Understanding of how to plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures through the SCCM console to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Participate in technical exchanges as required
- Must be able to attain DD8570 cert within 6 months.
- Self motivated, self-directing, and aggressively communicative.
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must be a self starter.
- Proven time management skills are required.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices is required.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills are required.
- Current IA Certification: Security + preferred. Cert must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center suite
- Experience with NGA programs and NGA facilities are a plus.
Experience & Education:
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
"Referral Bonus Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.