Leidos is seeking a Digital Signal Processing Intern in Dayton, OH to help build and maintain algorithm solutions for various applications and customer bases. Our team works primarily with MATLAB, and Python in an Agile development environment. Gain experience while working on challenging problems to help us achieve our project goals while supporting a highly skilled technical team operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Implementing software and algorithm solutions in research tools, real-time embedded applications, or integrated demonstration systems.
- Supporting research and development to help us solve hard problems for our customers.
- Developing an understanding of the underlying theory and functions you are implementing in software to enable collaboration with your research scientist colleagues.
- Working within a team to develop and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, communication skills, and will be self-motivated.
- Working towards a BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- One or more years of combined software experience, including internships, course work, or hobby projects.
- Experience with Matlab and Python programming languages and tools
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance, US Citizenship required.
- Interest in machine learning / pattern recognition
- Knowledge of algorithm development
- Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief technical solutions to customers
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.