Perform IT Systems Administration on physical and virtual infrastructure in support of core and first article implementations. Tasks include identifying servers to be virtualized, creating test environments, validation, converting servers, and maintaining physical/virtual infrastructure. Ensures that cyber security and OPSEC policies, principles, and practices are an integral element of the operating environment. Integrates hardware and software components within the systems environment. Continually monitor and fine-tune performance of the Information Systems. Conducts analyses of network usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors. Work is performed in a complex IT network environment involving support to geographically dispersed sites and locations. Provide database support for SQL databases related to mission specific applications Services include, but are not limited to, service life-cycle maintenance of databases, implementing reporting features, correcting database errors, modifying databases performing upgrades, and user training. Create, update and comply with SOPs and other documentation.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware.
- Duties may include updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches.
- The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Or 12+ years of relevant experience without a degree.
- Relevant Cisco, Juniper training and certification Cisco.
- Juniper, Security+ CompTIA commercial certification (or higher, such as CISSP, etc.).
- Windows and UNIX/Linux. VMware.
- Installing and Configuring Windows 10, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, Configuring Advanced Server 2012 Services.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.