Leidos currently has an opening for a Hardware/Software Integration Engineer to work in Orlando FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your integration experience in helping drive solutions for the USAF Mission Planning community.
The successful candidate will be energetic, eager to learn and comfortable working in a peer-to-peer environment. Under supervision general responsibilities will include:
- Development of custom installation scripts on a weekly basis
- Creation of Windows utilities through C# coding in Visual studio and integrated into various windows releases
- Installation/modification of Windows operating systems and debugging application installs; analysis & creation of technical solutions when applying modifications to windows
- Windows Driver Pack Installation and customization applied with each release and implemented through Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Research of various solutions from multiple vendors for new hardware provided by customer; solutions are customized and integrated into SW packages for deployment on USAF networks.
- Integration environments will include Windows 7 and above.
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Level Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or a closely related field and 2 – 4 years of relevant experience including software integration/development and testing experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows environments: Driver installation techniques; GPO \ security polices; knowledge of Registry
- Knowledge of software testing concepts
- Some hands-on experience with a scripting programming language (VBScript, AutoIT, Powershell, Batch, Command Line)
- Some Networking Knowledge : IP schema and subnets
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with multiple contractors, government agencies and other mission planning stakeholders
- Knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools such as Subversion (SVN) or GIT
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Tool (MDT)
- Knowledge of deployment tools: DISM, Wim
- Some hands on experience with an object oriented programming language (such as Visual Basic, VB.NET, C#, C++, or Java)
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine environments and their use.
- Experience with Visual Studio
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.